Hope Uganda (HUG) is a charity (uk registered charity number: 1146375) supporting the Rainbow Hope Children’s Centre in Uganda, which is a children’s home currently housing 16 children. These children are given a home, fed and otherwise provided for and educated by a local team employed by HUG, through support raised. Our contact details are as follows…
- By post: c/o Alsager Community Church, 5 Lawton Road, Alsager, Stoke on Trent, ST72AA
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 07791064222
Who looks after data protection
The trustees of HUG act as the data controllers for the charity. This means they decide how personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Why and how do we collect personal data?
Hope Uganda collect personal information in order to continue and further the work mentioned above in a variety of ways including social media, forms completed by supporters, responses to newsletters, enquiries through our website, etc and personal contacts. We consider that the ongoing sustainability of the Rainbow Hope Centre depends on our ability to run fund-raising events, raise support and interest in our work and publicise. We also collect relevant and necessary data from those who volunteer with us or go on a Uganda Trip.
Whenever we collect personal information we will identify the purposes for which the information is collected.
What data is collected and how will we keep and use this information?
All personal data and information collected will be kept in a secure format on password-protected computers. It may also be kept on secure servers. This may be outside of the EU but only with large, reputable servers.
The information will not be passed to third parties without express permission and only handled by those within the organisation whose roles require it.
Information collected may include…
- Contact information such as names, addresses, email addresses, financial information where required and photos/video of staff, our children and people attending our fundraising and similar events.
- Information collected will depend on the purposes and circumstances for which it is collected.
Information collected may be used for the following purposes…
- Informing about the work and ongoing progress of HUG and the Rainbow Hope Centre.
- To publicise fund-raising activities and other ‘marketing’ purposes. This includes photos and video on social media and our website with permission.
- To process financial contributions and donations including ongoing support.
Personal data will be kept no longer than it is deemed necessary and no more than two years after it becomes apparent that there is no longer interest in the work of HUG by the data subject (you) unless alonger period of retention is required for legal reasons e.g. Gift Aid forms, etc.
Access to, correcting and removing the information
You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you by submitting a request in writing. You also have the right to ask for information you believe to be incorrect rectified and you have at any time the right to have that data deleted.
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please make contact with the Data Protection Lead via the contact details above. If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by telephoning 0303 123113.